India will host global travel and social media influencer summit from September 26 to September 28, 2017.
Bloggers and influencers have emerged as the key channels of marketing for tourism across the world. Most travellers rely on information and opinions of digital media when making travel purchase decisions. While some tourism boards and travel companies have realized this, most are still trying to figure how to use this force to their advantage. Thus the significance of an event like BLOG IT. A global gathering of travel bloggers, influencers and media, they will come together to interact with tourism boards, companies, industry associations and Governments. The event will allow for networking and exchange of ideas on how these stakeholders can work together for mutual benefit and the growth of tourism overall.
Highlights Of The Event
* BLOG IT (Bloggers and Influencers for Travel) will see the best of the world’s bloggers, influencers and media come together to interact with stakeholders including tourism boards, travel companies and industry associations.
* A truly global event with participation from the across the world.
* Hosted in India, one of the most exciting and fastest growing travel markets in the world.
* The biggest such event in the world with participation in excess of 600.
* Dates: September 26 – 28, 2017.
* Attending media and delegates to travel across India on FAM tours before and after the event.
* Host city to be decided; organizers negotiating with various state tourism boards. Current shortlist includes Bangalore, Khajuraho and New Delhi.
The Event Components
BLOG IT shall feature the following key components:
* Conference: Featuring a series of keynotes, fireside chats and panels covering a vast array of topics.
* Storytelling by travellers who inspire.
* Networking and Speed Dating between media and attending delegates.
* Workshops covering social media and digital marketing and PR.
* Focus: Tourism Boards to enable these organizations to make presentations about their destinations.
* Expo for companies and tourism boards to display their services.
* FAM Tours across India for bloggers, media and influencers and also some trade delegates.
Who Should Attend Blog It?
* Travel bloggers and influencers: Explore a destination you may have wanted to but could not. Meet a whole new crop of brands and sponsors.
* Tour operators, hotels and other travel businesses: India is one of the biggest and fastest growing markets in the world. No one can afford to stay away from it – both for inbound and outbound tourism. An ideal opportunity to build business alliances and for PR to the best of travel media internationally.
* Tourism Boards: This is an ideal opportunity to interact with a curated set of media from across the world for targeted messages and also to interact with only the big names in travel business to promote destinations to.
* Industry Associations: To take back learnings and contacts for their members.
* Communication Businesses and Consultants: Understand how influencers are driving marketing and how you can use these to benefit your clients.
* Allied sectors like photography, mobiles, auto, tyres, technology etc. who want to leverage influencers for their brand promotions amongst the traveller community.
BLOG IT is in talks with various organizations to come on board as partners. The Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATOAI) has already confirmed the same.
Off the record: Talks are on with PATA, IGLTA, ATTA, WTM and other partners who have already expressed keen interest.
The event has been curated by Ajay Jain, India’s leading travel blogger, author and photographer. His publishing and events company Kunzum is putting the show together.
eTurboNews is the event’s media partner.
Source: eTurboNews, 28 January 2017
Comments are closed.